Pest county - County House
Although it is not located in the administrative area of Pest county, but in Budapest, one of the outstanding values of the county is the classicist County House built in several parts between 1804-1841. The building still serves the purposes of the county council and office: János Hild, József Hofrichter and József Jr. and it was designed by Mátyás Zitterbarth. In its formal courtyard stood a more than 100-year old Canadian walnut tree; opposite to it is the Ornamental Hall, which looked like this in its original form as well, but instead of the chandeliers destroyed in World War II, the chandeliers of the ceremonial hall of the old Parliament in the castle were placed here. On the wall of the Hall there are pictures of Count István Széchenyi (in 1831 he was the judge of Pest county), Mihály Táncsics, Ferenc Rákóczi II, Lajos Kossuth (the county's ambassador from 1847-48), György Dózsa and András Fáy (the founder of the first Pest County Savings Cooperative).
The county council still meets in this hall today. There was once a gallows tree in the middle courtyard of the County House, where the death sentences were carried out. The part of the building around it was also used as a prison and as archives for a while. Also part of the building is the former prison chapel, which now has exclusive equipment and stained glass windows. The building of the County House still evokes a reformed atmosphere; it is no coincidence that the scenes of many famous Hungarian films were shot within its walls. Here were filmed, for example, some scenes of the movies entitled "The case of the Nosty boy with Mari Tóth", "Sons of the Stone-hearted Man", "The Bridge Man" and "Sunshine".
Pest County Depository
We invite the honoured Visitor to an imaginary trip to Pest County. During our journey, we touch many landscapes, cities and settlements from the peaks of Börzsöny to the flatlands of the Great Hungarian Plain, from the Zsámbék Basin to the Gödöllő Hills, from the Danube Bend to the Tápió Region. We can see well-known and less well-known sights, we can meet historical figures and places, and not least we can add a lot of interesting things to our knowledge. Our trip to Pest county will be very rich in values – as during this virtual trip we will visit the elements of our cultural heritage found in the county depository.
The County Depository has been collecting outstanding intellectual, material, natural and community values since 2013. Their peculiarity, their role in Hungarian national culture and in the life of Pest county justifies them becoming known and more known not only to professional circles, but also to the general public. That is what this exhibition is trying to do. The values presented here form a kind of cross-section; in the course of the selection, we tried to ensure that the values included in the exhibition cover the whole area of Pest county and represent the landscape, historical and cultural diversity of the county. The distinguished Visitor will encounter values that are known nationally: many people will certainly visit the Royal Castle of Gödöllő or the Medieval Church of Zsámbék, which is impressive in its dimensions,, just as the Sauerkraut of Vecsés does not need to be presented. Nevertheless, it is far from certain that the name of the Blaskovich Museum from Tápiószele, the special shaped Csergezán Pál Lookout Tower or the Serbian Church in Ráckeve would be so widely known. However, all of them have their own peculiarities.
The unclassified purpose of our exhibition is to create a desire to visit and learn about our county values. We encourage our dear Visitor to roam in the county and learn about our values!
Márianosztra - Basilica of Our Lady of Hungary
In 1352, King Louis I (the Great) founded a Pauline monastery in Börzsöny, and that is when the Church of Our Lady was built - later a village was built around it, which was called Our Mary (Maria Nostra). The building fell victim to the Turkish occupation, then it was rebuilt in the 18th century, the Basilica gained its present form between 1719 and 1738 - preserving the original Gothic sanctuary. A copy of the miraculous Black Madonna of the Pauline Order (painted by the apostle Luke according to the legend, although historians refute it) can also be found here. It is a beloved pilgrimage site, part of the Mary's Way. The 39 m-long, 404 m2 monumental church, consisting of four chapel cabins and a chapel, was renovated inside and out by the Pauline order.
Márianosztra Penitentiary, former Pauline Monastery building complex
The building of the former Pauline monastery with a long history was rented by the government for 40 years from 1858 onwards for the sake of justice, and it was organized as a prison for women only. Following World War I, political prisoners appeared in addition to the lawmakers, but Viktória Fődi, the assassin known as "Pipás Pista" was also imprisoned here in the '30s.
After the Rákosi Era, the institution "hosted" mainly political prisoners, this time as men's prisons, and in the framework of the retaliation after 1956, among others well-known personalities such as István Bibó, Árpád Göncz, Tibor Déry and László Mensáros were hosted.
After the so-called "small amnesty" of 1961, the political prisoners were transported to Budapest, and Márianosztra became the lawful prisoners again, topped by the "deviants" of the criminals.
In the '70s, insane prisoners were also placed here. In order to alleviate the problems of employment, a ball-shifting plant was started next to the rope-weaving workshop, and later a bookbinding workshop was started. The insane did the stamp sorting, the cable unwinding.
In 2012, the exhibition halls of the Pauline Order and the prison, its history and present – open to everyone – were opened.
The Prison Burial Ground from Márianosztra
According to oral tradition, the prison cemetery was placed on the site of the ancient Pauline monastery cemetery.
The Sisters of Mercy placed the slaves and children who were buried here in unmarked graves, only a bare pile of earth indicated that someone had been buried here. Here is also the signified tomb of a Paulist Father, the survival of which is due to the sisters.
In 2011, the prison cemetery was almost completely restored and made available to the public. Supposedly existing from the 14th century, but certainly from the 19th century to 1968, it functioned as a burial site, which is a unique place of rest for guardians and guarded in the country.
Calvary of Márianosztra
From the 17th century, the monastic orders called for the construction of a sacred landscape at the border of the settlements, evoking the suffering of Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary. According to our knowledge, the first Pauline Calvary was established in 1667 by the Sopronbánfalva /Wondorff/ convention, and then the conventions from Máriavölgy and Márianosztra built the sacred place of the crossroads worship as well. In 1989, after the return of the Paulites, the Calvary regained its old glory.
View of Márianosztra from Kopasz-hegy (Bald Hill)
The mountains of the southern part of the Börzsöny attract the attention immediately by their strange, conical shape. Among these peaks of volcanic origin is the Bald Hill above Márianosztra: at the height of the 538-meter-high is a truly “bald,” rocky grassland with only a cross on top, erected in the 19th century and then restored in 1973. The Bald Hill is not easy to climb, because to reach its steep peak it is necessary to overcome several snatchers. However, those who take the trouble to climb the mountain can have a magnificent view. There is an impressive panoramic view from the peak; it is one of the most beautiful views of the country according to Hungarian tourism journals. In addition to the Danube Bend, the Visegrád Mountains, the Pilis, the Esztergom Basilica and the areas in Slovakia to the north of the Danube, the distant Gerecse, in the other direction the Cserhát, the Gödöllő hills, and one could clearly see even the Mátra mountain range on bright weather conditions. The majestic sight of Bald Hill, which stands out island-like from the surrounding mountains, also determines the image of Márianosztra.
Márianosztra - Centuries-old linden tree alley on the Calvary Hill of Márianosztra
Heading towards the Calvary Hill in Márianosztra, 250-year-old linden trees greet visitors, locals, pilgrims and hikers on either side of the alley. Their shadowy foliage offers protection to the weary travellers.
The linden tree alley was presumably planted by Pauline monks in the years around the consecration of the chapel (1776), at a sufficient distance so that the individuals of this large tree species (Tilia) did not interfere with each other's growth. During its flowering period (June-July), it attracts admiration with its unique fragrance. As a medicinal herb, they mainly pick the flowers: linden tea is excellent against coughs and colds, it has mucosal and perspiring, slightly soothing effects, and it is also known for its special apiculture significance.
The Narrow Gauge Forrest Railway from Börzsöny Mountains
In Börzsöny, there were once seven small railway lines, the combined length of which exceeded 200 kilometres. They were mostly used to transport wood and stone. The first narrow-gauge forest railway from Börzsöny was built in the last years of the 19th century, so that the construction of the small railways could get a new boost from the 1910s.
The Börzsöny Small Railway – the term is used to refer to the Szob-Márianosztra line was created by connecting two independently existed lines. Nagybörzsöny, on the western side of the mountains, had a railway connection with Ipolypásztó, which came to Czechoslovakia after the Treaty of Trianon, which was thus interrupted from 1920. A line led from Szob situated next to the Danube to the Márianosztra quarry; the stone extracted in the mountains was transferred in Szob from the small railway wagons to the barges. These two lines were connected in a way that led from Nagybörzsöny to Márianosztra through a route area including Kisirtás and Nagyirtás. Decades passed until in 1975 the traffic between Márianostra and Nagyirtás ceased due to the decline of freight traffic and the neglected, poorly conditioned track. The complete restoration and reconnection of the lines took place long after the regime change. The renovations, which started in 2002 and are in several phases, were completed by the end of spring 2016. Today, the Börzsöny Small Railway runs on a track, on a track of 760 millimetres, on a non-electrified track, on the Szob-Márianosztra-Nagyirtás-Nagybörzsöny rail section, which is 20.8 kilometres long.
The Narrow Gauge Forrest Railway from Börzsöny Mountains
Continuing on the left bank of the Danube, we arrive at the foot of the Börzsöny Mountains.
In the valleys of Börzsöny there were once 7 small railway networks, the total length of their lines exceeded 200 km. They were built primarily for the transport of wood and partly stone, and their passenger traffic was only infrequent and complementary. Today, the hiker can only encounter traces of most of these lines, there are only 30 kilometres of the 4 networks that left.
The Börzsöny Small Railway, which runs between Márianosztra and Szob on a route of more than a hundred years, is the result of the mountain tourism development of the region, serving and complementing the (eco)tourism offer of the Danube-Ipoly National Park in Börzsöny Region.
Vác – The Bridge of Stone Saints is the bridge over Gombás creek
The bridge over Gombás creek is a unique monument, the only baroque bridge still standing in our country. It is also called colloquially as the Stone Bridge or the Stone Saints Bridge.
Between 1753 and 1757, it was built on behalf of Bishop Althann Mihály Károly, in honour of Saint John of Nepomuk, patron saint of bridges and ports, the first statue depicts him.
Vác – Calvary Hill
The Calvary from Vác was built in 1726, presumably on the site of a smaller fortress. The well-known pilgrimage site of Calvary was built on the model of the Roman Scala Santa. It consists of 28 steps and contains all the traditional elements of the Calvary: assembly chapel, Holy Grave chapel, Holy Staircase, stations, Calvary scene and hermitage. The Calvary chapels built later in the area, for example in Budapest-Józsefváros, were created following the pattern of Vác.
Vác – Arc of Triumph
The only triumphal arch in Hungary - or the Stone Gate, as the locals call it - is located in the city, which was built in honor of Maria Theresa, based on the plans of the Viennese architect Isidore Canevale, in the style of a ponytail. Its construction was ordered by Bishop Antal Migazzi of Vác in 1764. According to the anecdote, it was built in just two weeks at a fast pace, so the Queen would not dare throw her car over it. When she left a few weeks later, seeing that it was still standing, she passed calmly through the “Stone Gate”.
The freestanding building can be viewed today in a renovated state with decorative lighting, and since it has been standing for a long time, one can even walk under it.
Vác – Synagogue
It was built in 1864 in a romantic style by Italian architect Alois Cacciari. The synagogue survived the devastation of the World War II, and a life of faith continued until 1962, but for a while it was used by the General Consumption and Sales Cooperative of the city as a warehouse, and later became more and more neglected and threatened with collapse. It was bought back from the local government by the Jewish Community of Vác in the early '90s and renovated: the completely restored building was completed on 1 June 2008.
The Mummies Heritage of Vác
The Dominican monks started the construction of the Church of Whites from Vác in 1699. The church had two crypts, in which they buried between 1731 and 1838, mainly as a resting place for wealthier citizens and religious personalities.
During the renovation of the church in 1994, thanks to the climatic conditions of the crypt, 265 bodies were mummified naturally, and a further 40 people were found with bone remains, which is a unique find in the world.
Vác – National Defence Memorial
The first monument of the Revolution and War of Independence of 1848-49 was the Defence Monument of Vác, which was built in 1868 after the Compromise of 1867, based on the plans of Alajos Caciari architect and Ferenc Krenedits art teacher. The Defence Association of Vác, led by Lt. Col. Lajos Zambelly and Captain Alajos Degré, carried out the construction from public donations. Lajos Kossuth himself participated in the donation with 100 HUF, and sent the amount from Turin, but he did not participate in the ceremonial handover of the memorial "for reasons of principle", as his letter of his time shows. A donation of 4,000 HUF was collected for the obelisk made of ore decorated with cannonballs, and the melting down of the necessary ore amounted to 3,600 HUF.
Vác – Seven Chapels
On the southern edge of Vác, on the border of Vác-Alsóváros, close to the Danube bank stands the Seven Chapels Church. The history of the shrine and the birth of the city of Vác is surrounded by legends: the princes Géza and László, who fought against Solomon, King of Hungary, stayed in this region before the Battle of Mogyoród (1074). László, the later holy king, had a vision: an angel appeared and indicated that the right to rule belonged to Géza. After the victorious battle, in accordance with his vows, Géza built a church in honour of the Blessed Virgin, and this church was marked out by a deer carrying light on its antlers. This scene is also captured by Márk Kálti in the Chronicon Pictum, and this is where the medieval name of the shrine originated: Maria de Cervo, that is, the Blessed Virgin Mary named after the Miraculous Deer. The Church of Mary was built, and a chapel in honour of the apostle St. Peter was built at the place of the appearance of the deer-angel.
Vác – Cathedral of Our Lady
Saint Stephen founded a church centre here, King Géza I built a Gothic cathedral in Vác, which later served as his resting place.
Bishop Károly Eszterházy decided on the design of the current Assumption Cathedral, the parish church of the Diocese of Vác and the Parish Church of Vác-Alsóváros. The original plan included a decorative, late baroque church with two towers, which, like the Roman St. Peter's Basilica, would join the church institutions, the Seminary and the Episcopal Palace on the square, which were also built at this time.
The Cathedral, which was built relatively quickly, is perhaps the only example of revolutionary architecture, without equal in Hungary. There are five bells in the towers of the cathedral.
Vác – the Medieval Castle
The Medieval Castle of Vác, which plays a central role due to its episcopacy and also serves as the residence of King Géza, provided protection for the inhabitants of the surrounding settlements during the Mongol Invasion of Hungary. The strategically important castle and the surrounding city were rebuilt in the 15th century with enormous splendour, and Italian masters transformed the city according to the characteristics of the Renaissance tastes extending from the royal court.
Today, a small part of the original castle wall can be seen, which is decorated by the statue of King Géza I, as well as its recent exploration and reconstruction.
The Kisoroszi "Szigetcsúcs" Island Peak
One of the most special and spectacular natural values of the county of Pest is the northern tip of the 31-kilometer-long Szentendre Island, which reaches into the Danube Bend, the Kisoroszi island peak or island "nose". There are some unique attractions out there, a paradise for beach and water hikers in the summer. It is so popular with aquatic tourists because it preserves a lot of its naturalness. Its coast is sandy-gravelly, it is an excellent place for swimming in the Danube; a part thereof, which is a little further from the bank, is covered with wooded and wooded groups; finally, the natural environment here is accompanied by a wonderful panorama, because on one side of the Danube are the Börzsöny Mountains, on the other side the Visegrad Mountains and the Citadel. From the end of the island peak, one can see almost the entire Danube Bend. There is no summer in which the island of Kisoroszi is not invaded by wild campers, water hikers and beach people. Nevertheless, due to the long island peak, there have never been any congestions or big crowds. This important natural treasure of our county is part of the Danube-Ipoly National Park.
Kisoroszi - Historical Settlement Core
It is not an open-air museum, because it is alive and liveable, because it is renewed as traditional. Walking in the village one can feel the naturalness of care, which is also suggested by the natural beauty of the island peak belonging to the village. The passer-by is immediately captivated by the historical settlement core of Kisoroszi village (with its old houses, traditional two-window facades, special plaster decorations and gables), which is of great value and is a typical example of the so-called comb-built settlement structure. The Roman Catholic Parish Church, built in 1719, as well as the Reformed Church, built in 1803, belongs to the overall picture of the settlement. The intellectual heritage of Miklós Mészöly and Alaine Polcz, which belong to our vault, are also to be found in the settlement.
Dunakeszi Sports Airport
The airport, which still operates today, was started in 1949 by the National Flying Association, which has been designed to serve sailing flights since the 1950s. The airplane scenes of the movie "2x2 Are Sometimes Five", filmed in 1954, were also shot here.
The area of the airport is part of the National Ecological Network, as one of the largest galloping flocks in Hungary, as well as a number of protected plant and animal species, live here and on the adjacent horse racing track, which is also included in the Pest County Values.
Late-Roman Port Fortress in Dunakeszi
The structure unearthed by the archaeologists of the National Museum is unique in Hungary of its kind: the harbour fortress and the museum established there are valuable pieces of our Roman monuments. In 2002, during the construction of a private house, the walls of the harbour fortress emerged. The owner of the house, Attila Hirschberg, has undertaken the additional costs involved, restored the exposed walls and corner towers in the basement and garden of his house, and presents the remains of the former fortress, the excavated artefacts and the history of the harbour fortress to those interested in his small private museum.
Arpadian Age Ruined Church in Dunakeszi
In Dunakeszi, in the area of Alagi Major, we can also find a historical monument: the ruins of the Roman Catholic parish church dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the village of Alag, once part of Pest County.
The ruins of the church excavated during the excavations actually contain the remains of two churches: one was presumably a circular church built at the end of the 12th century and the other was the remains of the Gothic sanctuary built for the former church. Currently, the church has 3 meters of wall remains and two sanctuaries.
Roman Catholic Church
One of the jewels of our county is the Fót Roman Catholic Church, which stands out from the landscape and the cityscape, with its two-tower facade and bright yellow colour. The beautiful building is one of the most significant works of Hungarian romantic architecture. (The other one is the Vígadó of Pest.) Miklós Ybl designed the already striking church (also visible from the M3 highway, for example) and it was built in 1855. It was built by István Károlyi, a member of the famous aristocratic family from Fót. Entering the temple, we feel as if we are in a basilica. The interior has three boats, the middle ceiling is made with a cassette, gilded beam. The church contains the tomb of István Károlyi and his family members. So to speak, the real treasure of the church is the martyr relic of St. Lucentius. The relic of the Roman soldier who was martyred in 304 was given as a gift to the church by Pope Pius IX; they knew each other personally with Count István Károlyi, and the Pope used this relic to reward the count, who made great sacrifices for both faith and art. There are still many interesting things to write about the Church of Fót; perhaps one of the most outstanding is that Ferenc Liszt also played on his organ, shortly after it was finished.
Göd Island, Danube Tributary and Danube Bank
Göd, close to the capital, became a popular holiday resort between the two world wars. Today, a part of the Danube bank of a small town with a population of nearly 20 thousand has preserved its original state. The Göd Island, which is separated from the shore by a hundreds of meters long backwater, is, due to its sandy shore, one of the most popular natural bathing areas on the section between the Danube Bend and Budapest.
s There is a floodplain forest in the area. But it is not only this that makes it wild, but also that when the water is high, if it is covered by the Danube, it can only be approached by passing through the water of the tributary. Not far from the nationally protected Göd Island, the Danube Bank in the small town of Alsógöd is home to rowing sports, boathouses and a free beach. Nearby, cosy restaurants line up. It is also easily accessible by train, as the railway station of Alsógöd is only a few minutes away from the Danube Bank. Therefore, this part of Göd includes two banks of the Danube with different faces, one natural and one built, but still well suited to the landscape, which forms part of the national eco-network.
Göd - Kincsem Colony (Kincsem Stable and Mansion)
It is a building with a long history, which has functioned as a horse-shifting station and a tavern since the second half of the 19th century. In addition to the Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna and her entourage, the correspondents of the English sports newspapers paid their respects in Göd in the 1870s. At that time, between 1874 and 1887, Göd was the centre of the world of horse racing, where he raced perhaps the most famous and successful horse of all time: Kincsem (My Treasure). The building, which has been neglected for years, has recently been beautifully renovated: it has been revived as a social and cultural space.
Gödöllő Royal Castle
Hungary played a significant historical role in the first half of 2011: Hungary held the presidency of the European Union from 1 January to 30 June. During the presidency, ministerial and expert meetings and protocol events were held at the Royal Castle of Gödöllő in a representative location. A part of the castle built in the middle of the 18th century was renovated for this occasion (the renovation of the building took place in several phases in the previous decades), and the building complex became a cultural complex. One of the most beautiful baroque castles in the country was built by Antal Grassalkovich. After its completion, due to its unique architectural solutions, the building served as a model for Hungarian baroque castles. In addition to the leading politicians of the European Union, it hosted numerous rulers and famous personalities throughout its history. In 1751, Maria Theresa visited here. In the age of dualism, Franz Joseph and Queen Elizabeth were resting residences, and Governor Miklós Horthy spent summers here. The glorious building survived the World War II without major damage. In the next decades, which did not favour the former Hungarian royal mansions, a social home operated in it. Thanks to the renovations, it welcomes visitors again in its old splendour, including many foreign tourists.
The Medieval Church of Hévízgyörk
The Medieval Church of Hévízgyörk is important in several respects; it is a monument of Arpadian era origin for our county. The first church of the village was a small building with a semi-circular sanctuary. The first certified mention of the building can be derived from 1472. The church was used by the Reformed in the 17th century, then again by the Catholics. In 1700, according to his testimony, there was a church built of rectangular stones, with a square tower and a sacristy on the north side of the village. Its tower was struck by lightning in 1771; later the collapsed part was walled back, and the building was used continuously from the end of the 18th century. However, the church was still not spared by the storms of the centuries – literally, because in 1924, during a storm, it was so damaged that it was not possible to hold a service in it. It was renovated only in 1985. Today, the Medieval Church is the jewel of Hévízgyörk, the main attraction of the traditional settlement known for its folk culture.
Gyömrő – Teleki Castle
Built in the classical style, the castle was built in 1840-47, which fact was also reported by the 19th-century journal entitled "Honderű" (Home Serenity) The designer of the new royal castle certainly followed the Versailles example: a typical and very beautiful example of the joint composition of the building and its surroundings. In front of the visitor coming from the village, it was revealed a view of the landscape opening through the garden between the small castle and the farm buildings, offering an infinite distance. The park of the castle was an arboretum surrounded by roads with special plants.
Kistarcsa - Former Internment Camp
The former internment camp in Kistarcsa was built at the beginning of the 1900s as a residential area of Machinery and Railway Equipment Factory. The employees lived in a separate colony, solved the kindergarten and school care within the housing estate, and operated a post office, a clubhouse, a grocery store and a library.
After the bankruptcy of the factory, the housing estate was transferred to the management of the Hungarian Royal State Police. In those days, the underworld and lumpen layer of Budapest were separated into a camp on the edge of the capital, which was not really a prison, but rather a separate ghetto.
It operated as a concentration camp for Jews captured during the World War II, from where they were taken to labour camps.
During the Rákosi regime, the enemies of the regime of that time were locked here: religious persons, aristocrats, but also simple people who could not read or write. From 1950 onwards, it was managed by the ÁVH (State Protection Authority), and detention and interrogation took place in this area with cruel methods. In 1956, under the influence of Imre Nagy's Decree, the camp was closed for a short time, and after the war of independence the camp was reopened.
In 1957, the national police commissioner opened a police school in Kistarcsa under the name of MoIA National Police Headquarters Primary School of Police. From 1989, a refugee camp has been operating in the institution for a short time. Later, the former area of the camp was divided into two parts: one in 1998 and the other in 2011.
The Old Parochial Church of Isaszeg - The St. Martin Roman Catholic Church
The traveller arriving in Isaszeg from any direction can see the beauty of the city from afar, the old Roman Catholic Parochial Church standing on the hill, which proclaims a rich historical past, built in honour of Saint Martin. According to tradition, the first wooden church was built here by the order of St. Stephen, and the circular church was built in its place at the end of the 12th century. The building, which defied the storms and destruction of the centuries, was professionally excavated and reconstructed in 1968-1971. During these works, the history of the church and the eras of its construction were revealed.
The Honvéd Sculpture Hill in Isaszeg
The monument is located on the Sculpture Hill (Liberty Hill), the site of the decisive battle of the spring campaign of 1849. In 1901, on the 50th anniversary of the battle, it was completed with a national public contribution, the work of sculptor Béla Radnay and its critic was János Fadrusz.
The monument, surrounded by an iron fence, depicts a national defender marching in contemporary clothing, on its pedestal are the reliefs of the four leading generals: Artúr Görgey, János Damjanich, György Klapka and Lajos Aulich. Under the pedestal of the statue, a crypt was built, where the remains of the fallen were collected.
Cegléd - The Reformed Great Church
One of the most important works of church architecture in Hungary, the Reformed Great Church, rises in the city centre of Cegléd. It was designed by József Hild; its construction started in 1836 and was completed in 1870, but its dome was completed later, in 1895-96. With its impressive dimensions – 60 meters high, 44 meters long, 2 meters thick walls – it is one of the largest reformed churches in Central Europe. The impressive building, which commands authority, is illustrated more than anything else by the fact that it has 2400 seats and the same amount of standing space, that is, it can accommodate almost 5000 people. The Reformed Great Church of Cegléd also has a sad episode: in 1936 the dome ignited and burned by human negligence, and was rebuilt two years later. At the consecration after the fire, the Reformed bishop László Ravasz said about the building: "This wonderful constitution is the triumph of the Danube-Tisza in stone (...). Certainly these things did not come naturally: the Holy Spirit of God was here.”
The Strázsa Hill of Monor - the protected cellar rows of Cellar Village
The Cellar Village in Monor is one of the important and unique elements of the Hungarian built cellar culture, it includes nearly a thousand cellars. It has significant architectural value, with a total area of approx. 300 acres (180 hectares), which are highly structured, with vineyards, orchards, fields, cellars and press houses. Historical data show that grape and wine production in this area has a history of several centuries, most of the grape varieties currently here are traditional, capital-grown, old capital (for ex. Kádár, Tótfekete, Mézes, Ezerjó, etc.). On the recently established “Thousand Cellars Vine and Wine Trail” visitors can also have a gastronomic and wine tourism experience: within a walking distance, they can get acquainted with the beauties of the cellar village, the local characteristics and the wine-making traditions of our country.
Tápiószele - Blaskovich Museum and Botanical Garden
Mansion Museum – what does this term mean? One of the important rural families of the reformed Hungarian nobility, the two members of the Blaskovichs from Nógrád county settled in the Tápiószéle of Pest county at the beginning of the 20th century.
The brothers, György Blaskovich and János Blaskovich, settled in a neoclassical mansion in the village. The brothers brought with them the furniture and furnishings of their families accumulated over the centuries, and they were themselves enthusiastic art collectors.
Their mansion was opened to the public in 1940. A few years later, their collection was assigned to the Hungarian National Museum, and in 1952 the independent Museum of Tápiószele was formed thereof, which from 1967 received the name "Blaskovich Museum". This is how the cure of the art-loving and science-supporting siblings became a museum. The Blaskovichs are outstanding collectors: their hunting, gun and pipe collection is significant nationally, the works of Miklós Barabás and Károly Lotz can be found among the paintings, and the memorial material of the world-famous racing horse, Kincsem (My Treasure), born in Tápiószentmárton, is unique here.
Another important achievement of the twinning was the Hungarian science: the archaeological excavation started on their initiative, during which the famous Scythian golden deer from Tápiószentmárton emerged – the shield ornament from the 8th century BC can be found today in the Hungarian National Museum.
Tápiószele - Blaskovich Museum and Botanical Garden
The Blaskovich family is of great importance, they are not only known as the owners of Kincsem, but we also owe their archaeological passion to the discovery of the Scythian golden deer. Their former home, the Blaskovich Museum of Tápiószele, is the country's only mansion museum that survived the World War II. The classicizing mansion, which is located in the middle of a botanically interesting park with an area of 1.4 hectares, was built in 1906. In the seven rooms of the Blaskovich Museum is an interior exhibition, collected by three generations, presenting the culture and material memories of the progressive nobility. The garden of the English park is woven by curved walkways interrupted by rest areas. Among the trees, there are plateaus, oaks, elm, pines, lindens and chestnuts, maples, ornamental shrubs below them, and violets and lilies decorate the ground. The trees and shrubs of the park are mostly the same age as the mansion, which came into the possession of the family in 1911. It has a rich flock of birds. Since 2011, it has been entitled "Bird Friendly Garden".
The Natura 2000 site of "The Steppic Oak Forests of Nagykőrös"
Natura 2000 is an ecological network of sites designated for the protection ofhabitat types and species of value to the European Union. The “Steppic Oak Forests of Nagykőrös” is a special nature conservation area, consisting of several separate subareas, with a total area of 3312 hectares, of which 1375 hectares are habitats. It is inhabited by Eurosiberian forest steppe oak forests and Pannonian sandy grasslands. Typical animal species are Stag Beetle (Lucanus cervus), Great Capricorn Beetle (Cerambyxcerdo), Dung Beetle (Bolbelasmus unicornis); its plant species are Long-lasting Pink (Dianthus diutinus), Sand Saffron (Colchicum arenarium), Sand Iris (Iris humilis ssp. arenaria).
Nagykőrös - The Ash Trees of the Miklós Toldi Food Industry Vocational School and College
The old lowland landscape, according to the descriptions of the period, was rich in small and large forests. Clearings, forests, watery areas alternated. The climate here, all the moisture, has benefited the ash trees.
The Latin language diploma of King Louis the Great, written in 1368, mentions the "predecessor" of today's Nagykőrös as "KOERUS". The locals were so attached to the ash tree that the ash appeared under customary law in the coat of arms they picked up – not donated by royalty or any other dignity. Over time, the city's coat of arms changed several times, but the ash tree remained.
Following the urban traditions, the school's coat of arms also includes ash trees, and the school, on its own initiative, has planted a row of ash trees from the country's native trees with the aim of making it the most complete collection of ash in the country.
Kocsér - Kutyakaparó Csarda (Bar)
The taverns were irreplaceable in the 18th and 19th centuries in terms of travel and pastoral life. The most widespread name of this barrel type was Gugyori, but thanks to Petőfi, the most famous was Kutyakaparó (Dog Scraper), because in January 1847 he wrote the poem that made it known to the whole country, and János Arany also visited its walls several times during his stay in Nagykőrös. Later, Viktória Fődi, an assassin famous as "Pista Pipás", also visited it often - in men's clothes.
It's been in operation since the 1700s, burned down in 1926. Nowadays, the once reed roofed inn has been rebuilt with a tile roof, but its original function is preserved by this architectural memory: it awaits the travellers and visitors.
The Reformed Monumental Church in Ócsa
The construction of one of the oldest Romanesque churches in Hungary began in 1190, with the establishment of the French Prémontré Order, according to sources under the direction of Villard de Honnecourt. The works were completed in 1241, the year of the Mongol Invasion period. Since the 1560s, the church has been annexed to the Reformed. The unique, Romanian-style, three-nave, two-towered basilica with an ashlar stone facade (regular shaped building stone) won the Europa Nostra Award in 1996. Since its construction, the church has changed little, it reflects its condition in the 13th century. One of the most significant ensembles of our wall painting of the Arpadian era was unearthed in 1900 in its main sanctuary. Here are the two scenes of St. Laszlo's legend, as well as the Virgin Mary with the child Jesus, around whom the apostles can be seen placed in a booth. The organ of the church, built in 1864, is still suitable for organ concerts. The surroundings of the Reformed Monument Church in Ócsa have changed several times over time. Although it was demolished in the 18th-19th centuries, the fence wall built in the 1460s was later rebuilt, so a courtyard with ornamental plants and ornamental lighting was developed. Nowadays, it still reflects its original state well.
The Landscape Protection Area of Ócsa
About 35 km from Budapest, at the intersection of the Great Plain and the Gödöllő hills, the village of Ócsa is located, and the surrounding "Turján" zone, on which the Landscape Protection Area of Ócsa was established in 1975 on an area of 3,575 hectares.
The Landscape Protection Area is one of the last glorious residual spots of the once extensive marshland of the Danube-Tisza Interfluve. It owes its botanical and zoological rarities and values to the permanent water regime maintained due to the ineffectiveness of the 19th century drains. The whole area is characterized by mosaicism, that is, the alternation of open waters, reeds, meadows, forests and steppes, and the traces of human activities that develop accordingly. The fauna of the area is very rich in species and numbers.
Dabas - the Grave Memorial of László Kossuth
The Grave Memorial of László Kossuth, the father of Lajos Kossuth, represents centuries of cultural and historical value: the memorial site of the sacrament, which was declared protected by the National Memorial Site and the Committee of Mercy, is part of the National Tomb Garden. It is the foundation of the Kossuth traditions in Dabas and is one of the embodiments of the Kossuth cult of Pest County.
The original red marble tomb was built from a single stone slab. Its height is 122 cm, its base narrowing upwards is 41 cm wide, the stone plate is 10.5 cm thick on average, the damage on it is likely to have occurred in the 20th century.
Pilis - the Beleznay-Nyáry Castle
One of the oldest castles in the county, built by the local landlord János Beleznay, an Italian master from the 1770s. At several points of the settlement there was a good quality clay, from which the Pilis brick was produced in so-called "tile bags", in brick burning furnaces. From this brick was built the magnificent new Beleznay building, the so-called "Yellow Castle".
The building is one of the outstanding examples of the Baroque castle architecture of the age of Maria Theresa. Standing in the middle of a large park, the baroque-style main building is surrounded by towers on both sides, with ground-floored side wings forming a cosy inner courtyard.
Many writers visited the castle, including József Kármán, who wrote Fanny's Traditions, a delicate portrayal of the girl's soul. After the World War II, first a girls' home and then a foster home were placed in the building, today it is a Primary School and Dormitory.
Pilis - the Gerje Creek Area
In its present form, the Gerje Creek emerged at the end of the 19th century as a result of the activities of the Gerje-Perje Water Regulatory Society, which was formed in 1853. Today's riverbed was created by connecting several former marshlands and mills. The part of the Pilisen that originated in the Middle Ages was called the Striped Stream (Chykus), probably named after the streaks that live in it. Its water ran all the way to Albertirsa. Several lakes were cut down, partly fish lakes and partly reservoirs of water mills.
The spring region is very rich in natural values; many protected water birds live here, among the wet, fresh layer vegetation, while in Hungary it is a unique orchid breed, which is also one of the largest contiguous forests in Central Europe.
The Sauerkraut of Vecsés
The history of Vecsés Sauerkraut is closely related to the history of Vecsés. In the late 18th century, 50 families moved from the Ulm region in Germany to a settlement that was deserted due to the Ottoman rule. The so settled Swabians established cabbage cultivation in Vecsés, and the sour cabbage is still produced according to their methods. Vecsés cabbage is the raw material of countless cabbage dishes, including Hungarian Szekler cabbage and Toros cabbage. Sauerkraut covers a certain acidification process: vegetables are cut 1.5-3 millimetres wide, salted and seasoned (with paprika, pepper, dill, coriander, bay leaf) and acidified and preserved by so-called directed lactic fermentation. In doing so, the salt extracts the water from the cabbage tissues, the sugars are converted into lactic acids, thus creating a pleasantly sour taste. The cabbage used to be placed in layers in wooden barrels, crushed and covered with cabbage leaves at the bottom and top.
The cabbage gradually became known and widespread in the country. Its popularity was contributed by the fact that it reached the markets of Budapest quickly due to the short distance, it was also shelf-life in winter, and the processing and use thereof also expanded: peppers stuffed with sauerkraut were sold and consumed, and mixed sauerkraut cut pickles made of sauerkraut were also sold and consumed. Thanks to the significantly modernized technique and technology, nowadays the conveyor belt from the high-performance stainless steel slicing machines carries the cabbage to the tanks several meters high. In Vecsés, in addition to the vegetables grown in the surrounding lands, the producers take over cabbages with similar properties from the Great Plain, thus ensuring the continuity of processing and production.
The Assumption Serbian Ortodox Church of Ráckeve
One of the most important monuments of Ráckeve is the Gothic-Baroque Orthodox Church, consecrated in 1487, which stands in the place of the monastery built at the beginning of the 12th century. This temple has been intact since its consecration. During the Ottoman conquest an attempt was made to destroy it: a janissary stuck its spear into the icon here, but when it left the temple, it died instantly. For this reason, the Ottoman Turks neglected to demolish the church – the image of miracles can be seen today in the Orthodox Museum in Szentendre.
Later, the big fires in the city also avoided the church; during World War II, however, a bomb struck its roof structure, which did not explode, causing only minor damage, which was renovated in the 1960s.
The Assumption Serbian Ortodox Church of Ráckeve
Due to its rich history and location, Ráckeve is rich in attractions, cultural, historical and natural values. Here is the only Gothic Serbian Church of Pest County and even of the whole of Hungary, which was consecrated during the reign of King Matthias in 1487. The church was built in the 15th century by Serbian settlers fleeing from the Turks.
The medieval building is surrounded by a church garden with a peaceful atmosphere; it has a baroque bell tower, which is raised separately from the church. Each square meter of the church and the chapel is decorated with Byzantine and Balkan-style frescoes with Baroque features. Some of the paintings are from the 16th century, while others were painted in the 1700s by master painter Teodor Grundtovits. The iconostasis was created in the style of the Rococo. The frescoes are mixed with ancient Slavic letters with Greek inscriptions, portraits of Greek saints look at us, and biblical scenes come to life. The interior of the Orthodox Church is like nothing else, strange, mysterious, mysterious – one can almost feel the atmosphere of the Middle Ages in it.
The Serbian Assumption Ortodox Church in Ráckeve is our ecclesiastical and cultural historical monument of outstanding significance.
Ráckeve - the swimming swamps and wildlife of the Danube Branch
Floating pads are special plant associations that can be described as “dry“ floating on the surface of living water.
The swimming pool of 700 hectares in the Taksony, Szigetszentmiklós, Dunavarsány, Szigetcsép and its region is the second most extensive "floating land" in Europe. The Rhône Delta is the only similar formation that precedes it in size.
There are many species of orchids and peat mosses here, but it is also home to rare and protected bird species such as grey heron and little bittern, great bittern, spotted and small water crake, ferruginous duck; among the fish, there is also the meadow strip or the habitat of the mud minnow.
The Old Town Hall of Ráckeve
The town hall was built in 1901 in the place of the medieval town hall, with a fire tower with “Hungarian” Art Nouveau elements. Its wrought-iron-balcony fire alarm tower draws attention from afar. From here, there is a magnificent panorama: the wonderful nature from the Angel Island through the swimming pool to the Round Reef, and the historic and new buildings of the city.
The Savoy Castle in Ráckeve
The first memory of Hungarian baroque architecture is this magnificent castle. It was built by Prince Eugén of Savoy, the winner of the Battle of Zenta, and designed by Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt, then a distinguished builder of Eastern Europe. The Savoy Palace of Ráckeve is a building designed for the landscape. One can see from the carriage access under the balcony with a puppet rail towards the Danube. Once from the main hall, the viewer could see the banks of the Great Danube: the balcony was designed by Hildebrandt to enjoy the sight of the two Danube branches.
The castle lost its real function in the 19th century; it was a warehouse, a granary and in the 1960s it was threatened with collapse. The restoration started in the 1970s was based on analogies and the remaining elements in the absence of contemporary plans.
The Ship Mill of Ráckeve
The miller craft was the most important industry of the Ráckeve people living next to the Danube. Historical records show that in 1720 there were already five mills in the city. Later, their number continued to expand and they operated until the 1950s. The last boat mill of Hungary remained in Ráckeve until the winter of 1967-68, but when the valley ship was crushed by the ice and the houseboat was taken down with it, it was destroyed. At the initiative of the public, the rebuilding of the water mill was carried out with the aim of reviving the traditions of the water mill from Ráckeve. The mill was designed based on the original written memories, documents, photos and drawings, and since 2010 it can be viewed during operation.
The Árpád Bridge of Ráckeve
A dismantling wooden bridge originally replaced the current bridge. In the 1890s, the city of Ráckeve borrowed around 100,000 crowns for the construction of the new permanent iron bridge. The bridge, built in the year of the millennium, was inaugurated on 26 September 1897. Szilárd Zielinszky designed the three-jointed bridge; its opening was 66 m. During World War II, on 3 November 1944, the retreating Hungarian troops blew it up. The Soviet soldiers built a narrow pontoon bridge next to the bridgeheads, which served as a crossing point until the reconstruction of 1948-49, during which the wreckage of a Tisza bridge on the road in Szeged was also used. The bridge gained its present state with the reconstruction of 1993-94.
In the immediate vicinity of the capital, on the border of Érd, there is a special area, the Fundoklia Valley, which is a natural rarity, from an archaeological, anthropological, botanical and zoological point of view. Its importance is due, among other things, to the fact that it is a world-famous cavity: during the excavations, stove marks and remains of prehistoric animals were found. The "two-faced nature" of the valley is due to the bedrock and vegetation that make up the area: while the valley's edge is barren, rocky and limestone, at the bottom of the slopes there is a dense forest lane and rich and varied vegetation. Located in the western part of the Tétényi Plateau, the Fundoklia Valley is about 3 kilometres long and 10-30 meters deep, being home to a number of protected plant and animal species. Here you can find the highly protected Hungarian gurgle and St. Stephen's feathered pink, among the animals the Pannonian lizard, the copper shuttle, the little owl and the bee-eater are worth highlighting. This Natura 2000 protected area (that is, situated in the EU), of European significance, would have been a landfill according to a 1980s concept, but this crazy plan was prevented. Today, the Fundoklia Valley is a well-developed and well-tagged nature trail.
The Érd Minaret
Hungary's three minarets remained intact, the smallest being the 23-meter-high Érd Minaret, next to Eger and Pécs. Hamza was built in the middle of the 16th century, as part of which the mosque was built in the 17th century for Turkish and Southern Slavic, Islamic soldiers, of which only the minaret remained. It was truncated for a long time, but its peak was reconstructed in 1970, so now its balcony can be visited, from where the muezzin called for prayer.
During the new reconstruction in 1999, beautiful colourful motifs emerged from the plaster under the balcony. One can climb a 53-degree spiral staircase to its balcony, which leads to a beautiful panorama to enjoy.
The Csepel Car Production Museum of Szigetszentmiklós
The Csepel Car Production Museum is located on the territory of ÁTI Island Industrial Park. Five serviceable trucks and a bus chassis provide the backbone of the exhibition, as well as vehicle main units, models of different vehicles, contemporary photographs and extremely detailed technical specifications. Some of the exhibits belong to the Park, while others are in the possession of private collectors.
The Hermitage Hills of Pusztazámor
Pest County is less well-known, but its most interesting attraction is the hermitage on the Hills of Zámor built in the 18th century on the western border of the county, in Pusztazámor. The Hermitage Chapel was erected in 1758 for István Lenthy, a Franciscan monk, Father Jerome. Previously, Father Jerome lived in a hermitage near Nagyszombat for twenty-two years. He was allowed to settle in Zámor Hill and beg in the villages of the area. Later on, an Augustininan, then, according to tradition, a Pauline monk lived here. The cells of the hermitage have been empty since 1818, and then later the building functioned as a parish church.
The fact that there was already a church on the Zámor Hill is evidenced by the remains of the 13th century Romanesque church building, the stones of which were used in the construction of the hermitage. The oldest tombstones of the Hermitage on Zámor Hill are from the 19th century, as if we were walking in the hillside cemeteries of Transylvanian villages.
There is a wonderful view of the Buda Mountains and the Zsámbék Basin from the Zámor Hill.
The Old Oak of Pusztazámor
The Old Oak of Pusztazámor is a tree with a strong character, whose interesting shape, excellent health and core circumference make it not only the pearl of its narrower environment, but also one of the outstanding oaks of Hungary.
In Hungary, there can be approximately 300 old-growth trees with a trunk circumference more than 600 cm. These trees can be considered as real natural capital.
In the 3-hectare arboretum-like, plant-rich, picturesque park surrounding the Barcza Castle, probably built in the 18th century, on the right side of the great clearing there is a 25 m high, Pedunculate oak with a crown of 25 m diameter, estimated to be at least 200 years old.
The Monastery Church Ruins of Zsámbék
The Monastery Church of Zsámbék, imposing even in its ruins, was built in late Romanesque-Early Gothic style around 1220.
It is an outstanding memory of the history of Hungarian architecture. Next to the church stood the monastery of the Premonstratensian Order. Centuries later, a change took place in the history of the Zsámbék Church, which sealed the fate of the building: in 1763, during an earthquake, the sidewall and vault of the northern side ship collapsed. The stones of the abandoned ruin were scattered by the locals. There would have been nothing left of it if Flóris Rómer, a Benedictine teacher, art historian and art historian Imre Henszlmann had not drawn attention to the need to save the precious memory in the 1870s.
In 1889, Minister of Religion and Public Education Ágoston Trefort commissioned architect István Möller to carry out the conservation works. His work has received worldwide recognition. During the later works, in 1934, architect Kálmán Lux unearthed the wall fragments of the monastery connected to the northern side of the church, which was built by the Paulites when they received the estate as a donation from King Matthias. Even in its ruined state, the Zsámbék Church offers an impressive sight as it stands on the hill next to the town and dominates the landscape.
The Lamp Museum of Zsámbék
In the 1960s, Ferenc Borus arranged a “Wine Museum” in his own wine cellar from a collection of bottled drinks, and designed the appropriate lighting to turn his attention to the lamps. He was so attracted to the more and more beautiful pieces that he became, even unnoticed, the collector thereof. With one or two exceptions, he bought the exhibits with his own money.
There are currently 1000-1100 lighting objects in the only Lamp Museum of the country. Among the nightlights, candlesticks, industrial, domestic, oil and petroleum lamps are old Chinese vase lamps, as well as Zsolnay Mayolika, Meissen porcelain sole petrol lamps, oil pump lighting devices made around 1800 and many other special lamps.
The Railway Viadukt of Biatorbágy
Due to the assassination on 13 September 1931, the nationally known name "Biatorbágy Viaduct" actually covers two valley bridges. At the time of the construction of the Budapest-Vienna main line, the bridge of the right track was built in 1884, when the railway line was expanded to two tracks, and in 1898 the valley bridge of the left track over the Füzes Creek. The bridges were taken out of service in the 1970s because the small radius curves of the railway track in their immediate vicinity significantly slowed traffic down. At the beginning of the 1990s, conservation works were carried out on the two bridges, the right side of which today has walking and cycling paths, while the left side has been closed. The Biatorbágy Viaduct is famous because there is no double railway bridge elsewhere in the country. But more importantly, on the night of September 13, 1931, 20 minutes after midnight, a man named Matuska Szilveszter blew up the valley bridge during the express train passing through it from Budapest to Vienna. The assassination claimed 22 lives. Later Matuska was convicted in Vienna for his actions, then he was imprisoned in Hungary, until in 1944, when the Soviet troops arrived, he disappeared from the Prison of Vác. Sándor Simó directed a film about the assassination from Biatorbágy in 1982, entitled "Viaduct".
The Csergezán Pál Lookout Tower of Páty
It is not so difficult to climb the highest point of the Buda Hills, the 558-meter-high Big Bald - it can be reached whether from Nagykovácsi or Budakeszi. It is true that the road rises steadily, but not too steeply. Tourist routes eventually lead to the oddly shaped structure on the “top” of the mountain: this is the Csergezán Pál Lookout Tower. It was named after a famous painter of nature and hunting, who captured the wildlife of the area in many pictures. (He is buried in the woods, not far from the Lookout Tower, near the Anna Mansion hunting lodge.) The Lookout Tower, which resembles the most winding bulging sail, was built in 2004-2005; its lookout level at an altitude of 23.5 meters is roughly 100 steps. A beautiful panorama is displayed at the top of the hill: beside the Pilis and Visegrád Mountains, we can see the Gerecse - Vértes - Velence Mountains, the Esztergom Basilica, the Tétényi Plateau, and in clear weather, in the distance, even the chimneys of the factories of Dunaújváros. Figures and inscriptions on the ledge of the observation deck indicate the direction of clearly identifiable attractions.
The Páty Cellar Hill with wine cellars
The cellar line of Páty testifies to the once legendary Buda vineyard and wine culture. In the last decades of the 19th century, the grape phylloxera was the end of grape cultivation, the once prosperous wine production of centuries ago. The cellars of Páty were established in the early 1800s, when, as a result of a royal decree, winegrowers could build a cellar in areas not used for other purposes. Farmers then obtained the land free of charge or only for a small price. There are more than a hundred cellars on the Cellar Hill of Páty, the oldest are from the 1820s. Nowadays, the vineyards have been replanted, and the area belongs to the Etyek-Buda Wine Region. In Páty, one of the most uniform cellar lines of the Zsámbék Basin, the Páty Cellar Days have been hosted every June with the participation of local winemakers since 1994.
The Old German Churchyard of Budajenő
On the edge of the Buda Hill, on the border of Budajenő, close to the capital, stands a medieval church with whitewashed walls, which is also impressive in its puritanical simplicity. It is called the Old German Churchyard, built in the 14th century, Gothic style. It was documented for the first time in 1378 as St. Michael's Church. According to the researchers, it was built on the ruins of a semi-circular church from the Arpadian era. The surroundings deserve special mention: the Calvary leading to the church is from the 17th century, next to which there is a cemetery formed around the 18th-19th centuries. The earliest tombstone is engraved in 1787, and the latest tombstone is engraved in 1869. The Scottish Benedictine monks who arrived in Hungary in the 18th century and received the neighbouring settlement, the Benedictine monastery founded in Telki, are buried here. In the 1920s and 1930s, two local priests were buried in the Old German Cemetery of Budajenő.